Sheet Music Question.

This forum is a catch all for all posts that do not belong in other forums.

Sheet Music Question.

Postby Snavvie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:30 am

Learning how to transcribe songs from sheet music. Let me tell you. It's a brain fry and I have questions.

I'm using this URL as an example. https://musescore.com/user/17082471/scores/3797551

The questions are the following:

1. So the beats per measure are 4/4 so when I am on the notes per beat, it would be 1/4?
2. The first measure has 3 notes joined together, so on the note length multiplier, would it be 1/3 or how does that work?
3. The 2nd measure has a quarter note then 2 notes joined together so would the note length multiplier be 1/2?

Dark Green C
Red D
Yellow E
Blue F
Tan G
Purple A
Teal B

Can somebody confirm those colors are the correct notes? Having a guide to explain how to put certain notes into the music box when making music would be phenomenal. It's probably asking a lot too though, but I figured I'd ask.
Snavvie

Re: Sheet Music Question.

Postby gentleheart » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:18 am

Snavvie wrote: 1. So the beats per measure are 4/4 so when I am on the notes per beat, it would be 1/4?

I'm honestly not sure about this.
The [4]/4 indicates four beats per measure; the 4/[4] indicates that a quarter note is one beat. So I think that a setting of 1/1 Notes per Beat gives you 4/4 time.

Snavvie wrote: 2. The first measure has 3 notes joined together, so on the note length multiplier, would it be 1/3 or how does that work?

Those joined up notes in the first measure are eighth notes; so if a quarter note lasts for one beat, then an eighth note lasts for half a beat. In this case, the music box notation would be D/2 or something to that effect. The total of the measure comes from the half rest (4/8), the eight rest (4/8 + 1/8), and then the three eight notes completes it (5/8 + 3/8).

Snavvie wrote: Can somebody confirm those colors are the correct notes?

Yep, but its helpfulness is iffy. In the sheet you linked, an E-flat is pretty frequently used. I'm not quite up on my keys, but I think it's in G Major, although it never actually uses an F-sharp. So to make the half and whole steps work, you might have to shift it into another key. The GW2 instruments don't have any accidentals (I think), so we kind of crowbar it into a correct key where all the required steps are already available. I'm grasping at straws a bit here since this is never something I properly learned, but here's what I'm trying to describe:
http://www.howmusicworks.org/202/The-Ma ... ajor-Scale
...although since you're reading and transcribing music you might already understand what I'm talking about better than I do.
gentleheart

Postby vermaruby38 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:46 am

The eight rest (4/8 + 1/8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
geometry dash cheats | happy wheels cheats unblocked
vermaruby38

Postby ducklife » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:12 am

The content is very practical, it gives me a lot of new ideas, I like the content of your article is great. I hope you will have many new articles to share with readers.

vex
ducklife

Postby zohesa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 am

How to download hotstar windows 10 on PC
zohesa

Return to General Discussion