The real reason why Valdrimari got banned (evidence/video)

This forum is a catch all for all posts that do not belong in other forums.

The real reason why Valdrimari got banned (evidence/video)

Postby XangLi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 am

NOTE: The removal of this thread will only prove obstruction against evidence provided in this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfDbXt7-oJ8 Valdrimari shared with us in our musician Guild [BoBd]. Anyone who is a fan of Val's extensive work and his contributions to the GW2 musician community will help make a stand with Val. We, as one of the biggest musician Guilds, believe he was done wrong, despite his outrage and comments (which are understandable), and I am here to help bring the matter to surface like Val kindly asked me to do in his place.

The short story:

Valdrimari got banned for making a site threat against gw2mb —— out of anger, yet did not follow through with it, because of the time put in by other gw2mb tabbers —— after reporting The Ben Efits' behavior to founder, proteininja, who did absolutely nothing about it, not even a warning, that and Val made certain points founder, proteininja, did not like (and could not respond to [wonder why?]) regarding not doing anything about an insulting users' behavior (The Ben Efits) against him and our Guild [BoBd], arguing to the founder that, had it been him (Valdrimari) who did that, something would have been done without thinking twice about it.

Furthermore, because Valdrimari expressed his anger in-game in our Guild Chat, when speaking of hacking and shutting shutting gw2mb down, he was kicked from our Guild. Some of our members agreed to let Valdrimari back in after he apologized for his threat, and some not. A vote between the Guild Officers (Head Bards) to get Valdrimari back in also proved to be unfair, notably because of the [BoBd] Leader, Morina, who did not want Val back regardless how many of our members wanted him back.

The full story:

Nine days ago, from what we were told in Guild Chat (and as seen in the E-mails exchanged between Valdrimari and the founder of gw2mb, proteininja, in the video above), Valdrimari threatened to hack and shut down gw2mb, yet he said he was talking out of anger, explaining that the purpose of the threat was to send a message against the founder of gw2mb after he refused to do something about a new gw2mb user by the name, The Ben Efits, whose work can be found in the Archives, and whose comments against Valdrimari and our musician Guild can be found on the songs he has published.

Furthermore, because Valdrimari expressed his anger in-game in our Guild Chat, when speaking of hacking and shutting shutting gw2mb down, he was kicked from our Guild. Some of our members agreed to let Valdrimari back in after he apologized for his threat, and some not. A vote between the Guild Officers (Head Bards) to get Valdrimari back in also proved to be unfair, notably because of the [BoBd] Leader, Morina, who did not want Val back regardless how many of our members wanted him back.

On another note, Valdrimari said he also made a point to founder, proteininja, that The Ben Efits has also been known to insult our Guild during performances in the major cities in-game when we tour, and as a fellow member of [BoBd], just to clarify, that is true! The Ben Efits is a complete a-hole, and that is putting it very lightly.

Days afterward, Valdrimari also explained to us he made several attempts to apologize to proteininja for the site threat in an attempt to resolve the matter, explaining he did not mean what he said because he was angry, yet founder, proteininja, did not respond, and as a result, Valdrimari said he warned the founder that if the matter did not get resolved, he would go through one of us in our Guild (in this case, me), to make the E-mails between him and founder, proteininja, public, because he said the GW2 musician community deserves to know the truth behind his ban. However, founder, proteininja, did not heed or respond to that warning from what Val told us.

To paraphrase, Valdrimari also went on to explain to us that the problem he had (after reporting The Ben Efits' behavior to founder, proteininja) is not that he could not handle a bully or those who harass others in-game (and on gw2mb), but that the founder chose to do nothing about the issue(s) so as to not even give a warning to user, The Ben Efits, choosing to lecture Valdrimari instead because of his reaction to The Ben Efits' remarks.

On behalf of Valdrimari, to conclude his message against gw2mb founder, proteininja, Valdrimari also said he made it very clear to founder, proteininja, that he does not tolerate those who bully and/or harass others (in this case, those in the musician community), and that he also does not care for and does not have any respect for those who support the behavior of bullies and those who harass others (like The Ben Efits did) by doing nothing about it. Well guess what? Neither do we!

P.S. Valdrimari had me wait a little while to publish this thread so it does not get removed right away when founder, proteininja, discovers it, which we predict is going to happen, anyway. Furthermore, in the event this thread is removed, there are more of our members in [BoBd] standing by to help spread Valdrimari's message.

For those reading this, please support Valdrimari's return, and petition!
XangLi
XangLi

Re: The real reason why Valdrimari got banned (evidence/vide

Postby AmsyLedian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Let's see if the founder can put on his big boy panties and pit his story against Val's story. *Eats popcorn*
AmsyLedian

Postby Brett Layne » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:41 am

As a close friend of Val's who also wishes to remain anonymous (like a few of us in [BoBd]), I decided to chip in as well on the matter, because this situation is really messed up, and I was there the day Val got banned from the Guild for the threat he made against gw2mb. That being said I only witnessed the aftermath when Val got kicked from the Guild, or else I would have whispered him to talk about it to prevent the issue from getting out of control. All this could have been prevented if someone (an Officer or the Leader) talked to Val first.

Like him or hate him, he is very good at what he does when it comes to translating music (as well other music publishers in this community), and after watching his video, I can see why he got pissed off, even though I do believe he went a little overboard.

Look, he got pissed off, he made a threat, and then never went through with it. Personally, I believe he should have been forgiven for his remarks after making several attempts to apologize, not only to the founder of gw2mb, but to those in [BoBd] he vented to. I mean, let's get over it already. Val even said he would withdraw the announcement in the Archives and the threads created in his place if he is welcomed back to the Guild.

What I still do not understand, and as Val pointed out when speaking with me (several days after being kicked), is he stood up for the Guild! against a problematic former member of our Guild who came here on gw2mb to disgrace Valdrimari AND to humiliate the Guild, and yet he was betrayed (Val feels), not by all of us, but some of us.

Keeping Val kicked/banned makes no sense, and it pretty much boils down to those against Val having their nose in the air, unwilling to admit they were wrong in the end. Not only that, this hurts the GW2 community who rely on gw2mb's resources for the largest collection of music.

Some may say losing Val is not a loss at all, that there will be other tabbers, and there already are a few really good ones who know what they are doing, YET there are very few of those tabbers in the GW2 community.

P.S. I am not sure if Val has shared this video with anyone here in the gw2mb community, but if you have not watched one of his no-script performances, here is the talent the GW2 community loses if Val remains kicked from [BoBd] and banned from gw2mb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdbVxevLG7A
Brett Layne

Postby proteininja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 am

I will not be unbanning Valdrimari. You can continue to discuss the issue here in the forums. I'll be deleting the post in the archives since the archive is for songs and the forum is for topics of discussion.

Edit: I've identified that the three users above share an IP address and were likely created by Valdrimari to make these posts I'm locking this thread.
proteininja
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion