Publishing Songs for Manual Play Only?

This forum is a catch all for all posts that do not belong in other forums.

Publishing Songs for Manual Play Only?

Postby Nakkt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm

I know this might come off as a weird question, but I've got a ton of songs I've put together on GW2MB. Problem is, I don't have the focus or patience to actually sit and make the notes match the actual rhythm/tempo of the songs, nor do I feel like fixing the 'broken' automatically exported AHK scripts.

In other words, I have all the correct notes down, and the numerical (manual) script works perfectly, provided one knows how the song goes, but the AutoHotKey scripts are basically useless the way I do things.

My question is – are we allowed to post songs like that, with some way to indicate that only the manual script works (via comment or something), or is posting said songs a no-go?

• • •

For example, I recently put together the song Holy Mountains by System of a Down for the flute, and I'm hella proud of it. I've made the manual script (modified slightly from the exported GW2MB script) available to download from my Google Drive, but if I publish the song to the archive, the AHK script will not work as intended.

• • •

I know I could probably post to the Song Requests subforum and maybe ask people to help put in the tempo and proper note lengths for all the songs I have on hand, but it's a lot of work.

• • •

Or perhaps could we make an individual thread [per user] somewhere on the forum here to showcase manual scripts or WiPs for songs? I don't know, just tossing the idea out.
Nakkt

Re: Publishing Songs for Manual Play Only?

Postby pulsefire » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:20 pm

If I were you, I'd upload them as per usual and just tag it with [Manual Play] in the title to let people know. There's lots of songs in the database that aren't playable in game, so this is really no different as far as that's concerned with AHK. Then people can easily have access to the notes and if they want to take the time to sit down in musicbox and arrange it so it can be used with AHK that's on them.
pulsefire

Postby presley » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 am

Just upload them and tag it with [Manual Play] in the title to let people know
JSON formatter validator, gmail login sign in
presley

Postby reeree » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:06 am

This song can be one great song for all the music lover. So this will be the great idea to publish song for manual play only.
happy wheels
reeree

Postby runspace » Wed May 29, 2019 9:55 am

Whichever song is play, it must be soft and beautiful. It is very necessary that everyone is enjoying the songs, run 3 game for all.
runspace

Postby yisoo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:38 am

The glitter dew drops like a few words that have not been thought of yet.
Wait for the other spring to love and stop by.
yisoo

Postby henryjones147 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am

Publishing Songs for manual play is a very good thing. I have also done this many times.
henryjones147

Postby verisi6583 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:02 am

Whichever song is play, it must be soft and beautiful. It is very necessary that everyone is enjoying the songs, for all. https://run3space.com
verisi6583

Return to General Discussion