Syntax and Music Notation Topic is gone?? :-(

This forum is a catch all for all posts that do not belong in other forums.

Syntax and Music Notation Topic is gone?? :-(

Postby Nephatite » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi all

I noticed the Syntax and Music Notation Topic has been removed... this was my bible! :cry:

I hope the recent issues Valdrimari has experienced in game and on comments in here hasn't caused the removal of the topic.

I hope Valdrimari understands the appreciation I have for the topic posted on this issue, it really helped me understand MB and GW2 instrumentation. I would hate to see his valuable contributions gone from MB.

Nephy Stormcrow
Nephatite

Re: Syntax and Music Notation Topic is gone?? :-(

Postby proteininja » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:52 am

Valdrimari had a disagreement with another user on the website and asked me to ban that user. I did not agree to do so, so he threatened to remove all of his contributions and attack the site if I did not comply. I did not remove the user after these threats so he attacked the site and I banned his user. It is regrettable that his guide is no longer on the site but it was his choice to make.
proteininja
Site Admin

Postby XangLi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 am

For those who do not know the full story, as a fellow member of one of GW2's biggest musician Guilds, [BoBd], here is the YouTube video Valdrimari created he shared with us in his defense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfDbXt7-oJ8

P.S. I waited to submit a comment here for a little while (as Valdrimari asked me to do), so when the founder, proteininja, discovers it, it does not get removed right away. Valdrimari has proven he has nothing to hide, therefore, the founder, proteininja, here, should also have nothing to hide. There are two sides to this story the GW2 musician community deserves to hear.

I also captured desktop video footage of this comment (and the thread I created to speak on Valdrimari's behalf) to prove my comment, and the thread I created, existed on the gw2mb forums before [possible] removal.
XangLi

Postby XangLi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:39 pm

proteininja wrote:Valdrimari had a disagreement with another user on the website and asked me to ban that user. I did not agree to do so, so he threatened to remove all of his contributions and attack the site if I did not comply. I did not remove the user after these threats so he attacked the site and I banned his user. It is regrettable that his guide is no longer on the site but it was his choice to make.

I forgot to add that you have absolutely NO proof or logs whatsoever to show Valdrimari actually attacked the site, that and the site is still up and running. The worse Valdrimari said he did was pinged the site just enough times to send you a message (in the event you can see those pings), yet not enough times required to actually disrupt or shut your entire site.

What really happened is you banned Val way before he even made the threat against your site. Therefore, Val said he only threatened to shut down your site after you decided to choose an insulting gw2mb users' behavior over Valdrimari himself, who came to you about not wanting toxicity on gw2mb.

Maybe you saw Val's threat as 'perceived risk', yet to believe he would do such a thing is ridiculous considering how generous he was to share his work with the GW2 community. He was clearly speaking out of anger. How can you blame him?

As shown in the evidence video he provided us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfDbXt7-oJ8 you placed more value on gw2mb user, The Ben Efits, who caused all the uproar than on the very user who helped bring traffic to your site. Pro move, and while you were at it, you f'ed the GW2 community out of a massive amount of music he said he had reserved to publish!
XangLi

Postby AmsyLedian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

proteininja wrote:Valdrimari had a disagreement with another user on the website and asked me to ban that user. I did not agree to do so, so he threatened to remove all of his contributions and attack the site if I did not comply. I did not remove the user after these threats so he attacked the site and I banned his user. It is regrettable that his guide is no longer on the site but it was his choice to make.

What a complete d!$# move to ban Val. Seriously? If I was treated like Val like in the video he showed us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfDbXt7-oJ8 I would be ticked off, too! Did you really believe he was going to ruin thousands of published works from other gw2mb users? Even if you kicked Val because you were concerned, knowing that he did not follow through with the threat, and was speaking out of anger, he should be brought back for the benefit of the gw2mb community.
AmsyLedian

Postby proteininja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 pm

XangLi and AmsyLedian both share an IP address and are both likely users created by Valdrimari. I'm locking this thread since the original post has been responded to and no further discussion is needed.
proteininja
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion