Updated GW2MB Archive List

This forum is a catch all for all posts that do not belong in other forums.

Updated GW2MB Archive List

Postby proteininja » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm

For a while now there have been so many songs that the sorting and filtering functionality has been really laggy in the archive. On a whim, I decided to fix the problem with pagination.

There is still a significant 5 to 6 second load upon opening the library page, but now you should find that navigation after this load is much faster.
proteininja
Site Admin

Re: Updated GW2MB Archive List

Postby proteininja » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 am

I would encourage you to use the search box on the archive rather than ctrl+f.

The search box searches every available field (title, username, etc)

I could increase the number of songs per page, but i felt 50 was enough in combination with the search box. Without pagination the sorts and searches will take longer and longer and longer as more songs are added to the site. This change should help the site continue on into the future without issue.

As for the issues in your other thread. I appreciate you gathering the information, but I manage this website in my spare time and I don't plan on addressing the remaining issues any time soon.
proteininja
Site Admin

Postby proteininja » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Valdrimari, I'm sorry that my actions have angered you. I'm hoping that by taking a little time to explain myself you and other users who read this can come to understand my actions.

I created this site back when I played GW2 in order to make something that I originally wrote as a C# application for myself available to everyone playing GW2 as a webapp. I added a donation link to allow people who appreciated the work I've done to give me money.

You did bring up the amount on the homepage though and it was way off. My girlfriend and another friend sometimes pay me back by sending me money through paypal. Because the paypal I use for donations is also my personal paypal these transfers show up as donations on the tracker. I have now added code to exclude these two email addresses and the home page now accurately reflects donations to the site. It's $5.00 for the past 365 days and, in case your are curious, $311.27 since the first donation on 5/25/2014. This site was never meant to be a source of income. I did 95% of the coding before there was ever a donate button.

I really do appreciate the effort you put into gathering information and suggestions on my behalf, but that is what they are. Suggestions. If I choose not to act on them, that is my prerogative. If users decide to leave the site as a result of that choice, I'm not personally affected by that because I do not depend on this site for income.

I feel that the problem here is that there isn't really another option out there on the market, so when I don't feel like making improvements people are stuck with it. I can certainly empathize with that, but at the end of the day no one out there is entitled to my time and effort.

In an effort to provide some relief I will say this: If there is someone out there with the coding ability and the desire to improve this site, they can email me at proteininja@yahoo.com to discuss purchasing the source code, database, and domain name from me.

I put this site on the internet so that people passionate about music in GW2 had a place to collaborate. I believe that this site is accomplishing that goal despite any inconveniences users may experience from a lack of active enhancement and support.
proteininja
Site Admin

Postby Leviagar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am

GW forum is decorated for the interesting items for the people. The joyful means of the best essay writing services 2019 are linked for the candidates. The host of the facility is moved for the full advancement for the individuals.
Leviagar

Return to General Discussion